Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of Long Island works with the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) to advocate on behalf of future, current and returned Peace Corps Volunteers, including support of legislation that:
- Maintains or increases funding for the Peace Corps program
- Protects the health and safety of currently serving volunteers
- Honors and supports those who have completed their Peace Corps service
How can you get involved?
- Use NPCA's Action Center to send a message to your Congressional Representatives about pressing issues
- Learn more about the Peace Corps community's current advocacy initiatives
- Check our calendar for upcoming advocacy events
Connect with our Advocacy Coordinator
Bette Bass (Ethiopia 66-69) is our Advocacy Coordinator. She attends NPCA webinars and sends out action alerts to our members.
Bette has participated in the annual Day of Action on Capital Hill and has visited local legislative offices.
Contact Bette at email@example.com.